Buck Run Horse Campground
200+ miles; trail difficulty - beginner to advanced
Address: 1180 Spruce Creek Dr Jamestown TN 38556
Phone: 931 310 9389 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://www.buckrunhorsecampgroundtn.com Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/BuckRunHorseCampTN
Here's what you need to know:
- Getting here -mostly wide rural highways leading into Spruce Creek community then campground down gravel road.
- Parking & Trailers - parking on gravel back in and pull through sites, mostly shade.
- Family Friendly - yes
- Trail Difficulty - beginners to advanced.
- Trail Info - rocky, shoes recommended, hilly, great views and rock formations, community trails, streams caves.
- Amenities - showerhouse, restrooms, hay, ice, shavings, onsite office.
- Events & entertainment - n/a
- Lodging - n/a.
- Hookups - 10 full hookups with 30 amp, water.
- Stalls - 15-12'x12' covered stalls with lights and water in shed row barns.
Open year round.
Located in Spruce Creek Acres Equestrian Community with access to community trails and Big South Fork National Park.
Contact-Karen and Jay
Address-1180 Spruce Creek Dr Jamestown TN 38556
Phone-931 310 9389 call or text
• Name-Buck Run Horse Campground
• Location in relation to Nashville-142 NE of Nashville
• Day use or campground-Both
• Perks-Pull through sites,
Entrance and Trailering
• Trailering-Spruce Creek neighborhood into two lane gravel. Watch for signs, follow gps. Don’t go through gorge from Oneida.
• Parking- Day use on gravel and pull through and back in 40’ trailers.
• Fuel-5 miles
• Hours- Year round
• Hours-year round
• Rails-no. soon.
• Shade- partially
• How many sites-More than 10
• Hookups-30 amp
• Wash bays-yes
• How many barns-4 shed row barns.
• Barn water and lights-yes
• How many stalls-more than 15
• Stall dimensions-12x12 rubber mats
• Highline posts available-no
• Events-yes see website.
• How many trailheads- 2
• Maps-Available at office. Use all trails or avenza, or rambler.
• Markings-wood signs and big southfork
• Acres-25 acre campground
• Skill level-beginner to advanced.
• Footing-sand, gravel, large sandstone, varied inclines.
• Views- Sawtooth Overlook, Hippy Cave, fiddlers arch, wildcat den, gravel roads, fields.
• Shared trails-hikers, horses, hunters.
• Wagons-on spruce creek roads. 5-10 miles in the the neighborhood
• Special Notes-Wear blaze orange
• What sets them apart
Buck Run Campground is located near Jamestown TN on the fringe of Big South Fork National River and Recreation area.
The campground is more specifically located within Spruce Creek Community and as you drive in, you’ll find the community roads to be well maintained and marked.
One of the standout features of Buck Run Horse Campground is its design. The space is made up of well organzed and partially shaded pull through RV sites equipped with water and electric hookups, picnic tables, and fire rings dissected by a circle drive wide enough for large trailers. In close proximity to your RV site, is a dump station, camp office, multiple barns with 12’x12’ stalls, a wash bay, and a fully equipped showerhouse. Buck Run offers its campers all the amenities they’ll need for their stay like shavings, hay, ice, firewood, wifi, and more.
Buck Run offers two options for riding. One is through the Spruce Creek community paths which offer easy riding alongside the quiet roadways of the neighborhood as well as safe opportunities for wagon riders while the other option is to ride down miles of trails winding through the lush forests and open fields of Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. The footing of Big South Fork Trails demands either shoes or boots on your horse to protect against the gravel and rock however there are long stretches of sandy soil, large sandstone and the occasional mud. The terrain in all Big South Fork is hilly offering great views atop the vistas. Some of my favorite trail destinations in close proximity to Buck Run are Hippy Cave, Sawtooth Overlook, Wildcat Den and Fiddlers Arch. Whether you're a seasoned equestrian or a beginner rider, there is a trail suitable for all skill levels. The trails are also marked well at each intersection, ensuring that visitors can navigate their way easily and safely.
Overall, Buck Run Horse Campground is a haven for horse lovers seeking an unforgettable outdoor experience. From its scenic trails to its Big South Fork location, this campground offers the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. So saddle up, breathe in the fresh country air, and enjoy a memorable adventure at Buck Run Horse Campground.