Chickasaw State Park and Forest
Over 100 miles; trail difficulty- beginner to advanced
Address: Chickasaw State Park 20 Cabin Lane Henderson, TN
Here's what you need to know:
- Getting here - fuel 3 miles away and food 8 miles away, rural highways lead directly into state park roads.
- Parking & Trailers - pull through for day riders, back in for campers, sun and shade.
- Family Friendly - yes
- Trail Difficulty - beginners to advanced.
- Trail Info - beginner riding on state forest roads, 5 miles of trail paths, advanced in hilly terrain, wagon roads.
- Amenities - showerhouses, restrooms, ice, firewood, onsite stores.
- Events & entertainment - organized rides by permit only.
- Lodging - 13 furnished cabins.
- Hookups - 32 hookups and dump station upon exit.
- Stalls - 16-10x10 covered stalls with lights and water and highline poles provided at each campsite (bring a rope).
Open Year Round-7am-10pm
From their site
Chickasaw State Park has a 1/4 mile path that leads out to countless horse trails
in the surrounding Chickasaw Forest. Horses may be rented at the stables for a 1 hour ride around the park or bring your own for days of riding in the forest Wagon riders have direct access from the campground to many miles of gravel roads through the forests BE AWARE-ATV riders share the gravel roads
The wrangler campground has 32 sites with water
and electric hookups. There are posts at each site
to picket your horses, and stalls may be rented at