East Fork Stables
100+ miles; trail difficulty - beginner to advanced
Address: 3598 S York Hwy Jamestown TN. 38556
Website: https://eastforkstables.com/ Social Media:https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=east%20fork%20stables
Here's what you need to know:
- Getting here -3 miles from fuel and food, wide two lane highway 27 to entrance.
- Parking & Trailers - ample parking on gravel pull through and back in lots big enough for large trailers, sun and shade.
- Family Friendly - yes
- Trail Difficulty - beginners to advanced.
- Trail Info - Shoes or boots recommended, wagon trails, roads, distant views, sandstone rock formations, fields, wildlife.
- Amenities - showerhouses, restrooms, arena, obstacle course, ice, firewood, fire rings, tables, shavings, onsite office and store.
- Events & entertainment - organized rides, ride and tie, obstacle challenge, clinics, racking horse, etc.
- Lodging - rustic and furnished cabins, 4 bunkhouses, and "cabarns' .
- Hookups - 160 water and electric, some sewer hookups and dump stations.
- Stalls - 224 covered and uncovered stalls in 5 barns with lights and water, picket lines, grass paddocks.
-From their site-
The East Fork Stables Campground is divided into five alphabetical sections. Each section is a little different to accommodate a variety of camping styles. Rates do not include taxes, stall rental for horses or stall cleaning fees. Download map for area details and campsite rules.
Stall & Corral Panel Rental
- Panels: Panels are available in all campgrounds, except A Campground. $20 per pen, per day.
- Stalls: come with one bag of shavings: $20/night or $120/week per horse. There is a one-time stall cleaning fee of $5 per stall.
- Picketing: Nightly: $10/night per horse
- Paddock: Daily: $15 per horse; limit four horses per paddock in most paddocks
We have 6 cabins in the campground: All cabins come fully furnished with linens, dishes and cookware.
- The Fritz and Roanoke have two bedrooms, one bath and a hot tub. They are side by side and secluded from the campground. There is an 8 stall barn (4 stalls per house) behind the cabins that is available to rent. $165 per night/ $981.75 per week plus $20.00 per stall/night plus a $5.00 cleaning fee/stall
- We have four bunkhouses each with two full beds and 1 futon. These cabins do not have water. They have electricity so there is heat and air conditioning. They are nearby the bath house. $75.00 per night/$500 per week.
- The Wiley Cabin is also a bunkhouse but has the added feature of an adjacent paddock. $75.00 per night/$500 per week.
We have 6 cabins offsite – with direct trail access.
- The Sewell House is our biggest cabin. It has two bedroom and two baths downstairs with two twin beds upstairs. There is a six stall barn and a paddock available to rent. $165 per night/ $981.75 per week, $20.00 per stall/night plus a $5.00 cleaning fee/stall. Paddocks are $15.00/day per horse.
- Deer Gap cabin is three miles from the campground. It is one of our most popular cabins! It has 2 bedrooms and one bath. Stalls and paddock are available to rent. $165 per night/ $981.75 per week, $20.00 per stall/night plus a $5.00 cleaning fee/stall. Paddocks are $15.00/day per horse.
We have four “Cabarns”, the Ester, Guy, Pearl and Belvin. These are one bedroom, one bath cabins with two adjoining stalls included in the rental price. Paddocks are available to rent nearby. $145.00/night with 2 stalls. Paddocks are $15.00/day per horse.
Express Check-In Discount
Submit your current coggins paperwork, signed East Fork Stables waiver and pay in full at least 14 days prior to your arrival to get 10% off your site or cabin. Deposits required on all reservations.
Deposits required on all reservations. We accept all major credit cards and checks (must be received within 14 days of making a reservation). We will gladly transfer dates with 14 day’s notice before arrival. Cancellation notice is required 14 days prior to arrival for a full deposit refund for all reservations. Prices subject to change without notice.
East Fork Stables opened to the public in 1994. When its parent company, The Estate of Bruno Gernt, Inc., diversified into the tourism business. East Fork Stables was quickly established as one of the best trail riding venues in the state. The 12,000+ acre privately owned tract of land contains East Forks’ trail system of over 100 miles of trails on the western edge of the Cumberland Plateau and offers a diverse selection of attractions:
- Wagon trails
- Spectacular Overlooks and Rock Formations
- Challenging and Easy trails
- Fields and level terrain
- Breathtaking vistas
Abundant wildlife. Including deer, boar, turkey and the occasional black bear.
East Fork has expanded each year and has five campgrounds with a total of 160 sites, five barns with a total of 224 stalls, a pavilion with commercial kitchen, two bath houses (one with laundry facilities) and a 150’ X 300’ riding arena and obstacle course. Permanent corral panels have been added to some campsites. We also have 13 cabins, two with hot tubs. We offer a variety of pricing to accommodate any budget.
Twenty-seven years into its existence, East Fork Stables finds itself the leading trail riding facility in the premier trail riding area in the United States. With Big South Fork Recreation Area and Pickett State Park just 12 miles to the north, there are hundreds and hundreds of miles of trails for the trail riding enthusiast!