Bowie Nature Park
12 miles, trail difficulty: beginner
Address: 7211 Bowie Lake Road, Fairview, TN 37062
Phone: (615) 799-5544 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.Bowiepark.org Social Media:https://www.facebook.com/bowienaturepark
Here's what you need to know:
- Getting here - small town roads to private two lane and one lane park roads with simple turns for small to medium length trailers. Food and fuel within minutes.
- Parking & Trailers - pull through gravel parking lot.
- Family Friendly - yes
- Trail Difficulty - Beginner level terrain.
- Trail Info - wide and woodland with intermittent fields, creek crossings, and rolling hills. Trail is shared with hikers with dogs and cyclists
- Amenities - restrooms and water are available at pedestrian park/lake area but not at horse trailer parking
- Events & entertainment - organized rides are allowed upon request
- Lodging - N/A
- Hookups - N/A
- Stalls - N/A
- Self service cash pay station on left upon entry to equestrian parking area.
- Open 5am to 10pm
- Barefoot friendly
- Mostly flat with slight elevation changes.
- At any time, trails may be closed to bikers and horseback riders due to wet conditions, it is advisable to call before riding by calling 799-5544 Ext. 1.
Bowie Nature Park, located in Fairview, TN contains a glorious 700+ acres of forest, lakes & trails, Bowie is a great place for individuals, couples & families to come and enjoy their time. Bowie Nature Park has an expansive 12 miles of trails. Day use trails are good for barefoot horses and beginners. The trails are beautifully maintained and since they close the trail in wet conditions they are generally free from erosion. Within the park there are 12 miles of winding trails which take through several Eco-Systems that include wetlands, grasslands, pine forest, and hardwood forest. The majority of the trail system is shared by hikers, mountain bikers, and equestrians, however there are sections of the trail system that are designated foot traffic only. Due to rain, there may be trails that are closed; they suggest calling the phone number below before coming out.