Sewannee University Trails
8.7 miles, trail difficulty: beginner to intermediate
Address: 79 Equestrian Dr. Sewannee TN 37375
Here's what you need to know:
- Getting here - The drive to Howell Equestrian is a paved road through the university.
- Parking & Trailers - The parking lot is a small gravel lot that may require the ability to back a trailer on busy days.
- Family Friendly - yes
- Trail Difficulty - beginner to intermediate
- Trail Info - shaded trails.
- Amenities - N/A.
- Events & entertainment - by permit only.
- Lodging - no
- Hookups - N/A
- Stalls - N/A
Horse Trail Rules
Horseback riding on the Domain is primarily limited to current students. Those who are currently not students must have a valid permit from the Office of Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability. Those with active permits must remain on designated trails at all times.
- Riding is confined to designated horse trails only. Trails not approved for riding will be marked. Maps of approved trails are available for download here.
- Trails may be closed at the discretion of the University in the event of inclement weather or trail maintenance.
- No garbage, rubbish, litter or any refuse, sewage or other material which would pollute said lands or waters or render them unsightly or unsanitary shall be thrown, left or deposited on the Domain.
- No trees, timber, or vegetation of any kind may be cut and/or removed from the Domain.
- Trucks and horse trailers may be parked only in the designated visitor area of the Equestrian Center. All permit holders must access Domain trails via Breakfield Road.
- Riders must be able to provide a current negative Coggins certificate.
- Failure to abide by any of the above can result in a loss of riding privileges on University property.